9 June 2020

Crispy braised Iberico pork collar



It is not cheap, but if you come across it don't hesitate and buy an Iberico pork collar.

I made pulled pork from one half. Today I made this from the other half (400 g), divided in thick slices.

First I peeled, halved and then sliced 400 g of onions and sweated them in 40 g of butter, turned the heat up a bit and softly fried them for about 40 mins, nicely caramelised and brown.

Took out the onions and added some more butter in the pan to sear the meat.

Then turned the heat down again and added sea salt, black pepper, 3 tbsp Worcestershire sauce, 3 finely cut cloves of garlic and 2 leaves of laurel.
Added 600ml of beef stock and simmered the meat for 3 hours.

Then I took out the onions again and the meat. I cooled the meat for an hour and in the meantime reduced the liquid by 30%.

Finally I fried the slices of meat in another pan in butter till both sides were nice and crispy.

Served with the onion, red cabbage and gratin dauphinois

(Here the original Yvette van Boven recipe)

Follow me on Instagram: peterschoenmaker7

No comments:

Post a Comment