30 April 2020

Saba Mirin Boshi (mirin marinated dried mackerel)

This mirin marinated mackerel has to be dried first to extract moisture and concentrate the flavour. Not easy to do yourself, so I bought mine frozen from www.hokkai.com where they have lots of delicious fish dishes. All you have to do is defrost the package during 30 mins in cold water.

In the meantime pre heat the oven at 230°C, remove the packaging and bake the fish in 6 mins.

I served mine with spinach goma ae (goma means sesame and ae is sauce): grind 4 tbsp toasted sesame seeds and mix with 2 tbsp soy sauce, 1 tbsp sugar, 1 tbsp sake, 1 tsp sesame oil and 1 tsp mirin. 

As I had some left over green asparagus and the bottom end of a paksoi I put them in the wok and cooked them in about 2 mins. Then stirred in the sesame mix.

Follow me on Instagram: peterschoenmaker7


No comments:

Post a Comment