6 May 2017

Scallop, mousseline, jus de veau



Making this dish I remembered a Tuesday evening when my lovely wife put the food on the table, muttering "Enjoy it, this will be the last day in my life I will cook!'. 
We did not believe her, but the next day the kids and I learned she was dead serious. 
That night we had to go out for dinner and from then on I had to gather recipes and shop and start cooking for the rest of my life. 

At one point I kindly asked her where I could find veal stock in the larder. 
Her answer: "If you did not make it yesterday there isn't any!'. 

Right. 

Years later, earlier this week, she surprised me by ordering fantastic veal stock, or Jus de Veau, from www.joostenpaul.nl. 

I decided to use this excellent product for the first time with scallops.


First I made the mash and by adding lots of butter and milk turned it into a smooth mousseline. The Jus de Veau was easy as I only had to warm it up.


Then fried some good Serano ham in a dry pan till crispy, then using the same pan to fry the scallops.


Heaven!

Follow me on Instagram: peterschoenmaker7. And have a look at my Kindle book 'Breakfast in Gascony' on Amazon.


No comments:

Post a Comment